Stick a Pin It: Kids Room

posted on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012



I've been bit by the nesting bug early. 

Cleaning. Purging. Folding. Organizing. You name it--I've been doing it.

I've also been scouring, and scouring, and scouring online sources for baby room ideas.

Long ago I made the decision that I would put Brecken and the baby in the same room. Even though she will be in our room for a few months I want Brecken to get use to the idea of someone else taking up residency in his space.

I want to create a room that infuses a little bit of boy and a little bit of girl into it--I don't want the room to be so neutral that it turns to a "blah" space--but I want to incorporate punches of color that give the room some flare.

Here are some ideas that are inspiring me for their new room.

Incorporating barn doors into their room. We live in Montana, it would totally be legit.


Creating a wall with highlights of each of their lives.


The tree is cute, but I am loving the chevron chair--bold patterns are in, right?!

Check out Prudent Baby for a great tutorial on how to make a duvet cover for any bed--including a toddler size.

Yes, I will be making matching bedding for my lil' monkeys.

A great FREE printable to put in their room.


A fun photo wall.

Learn how to make DIY crib sheets!

I have high hopes of making the cutest sheets for my little munchkin.


I just love these colors--the wall especially. Think Brecken can get away with coral in his room?!


Matching stripped bedding? I think so.

Let the chaos begin.

*******************

I would love to see the ideas that are inspiring you this week on Pinterest!

Please make sure to link up a specific post and make sure it is somehow relevant to Pinterest.

Thanks for stopping in!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love all those bright colors- and Yes Love that Bold Chevron Chair- must have! Oh and those grey stripes.. yes please! The room is going to look fab! Thanks for the link up as well! -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating a nursery room, it's the one time you can do whatever you want.

    Your inspiration photos are fabulous. Love the pop of bright colors. Hope you feel better!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger